PDA

View Full Version : Just canned the last of 2010

OneLegJohn
12-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I am looking forward to making some more sugar. I just packaged the last 15 gallons for the Christmas rush. Here's to hoping for 450 gallons of syrup in 2011.

tuckermtn
12-12-2010, 06:36 PM
yep I'm down to my last 5 gals. sold $500 worth of syrup these last few days...

need to make way more this year...

red maples
12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
I offically ran out out the other day. problem is I have folks that want it for x-mas gifts sorry!

I sold a few hundred $$$ in the last few week myself!!! If everything goes right we should be back in business in a few months right!!!!

Sugarmaker
12-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Nate,
Good to hear from you!
Darn tank at the donut factory still ticks me off! That's me, Mr procrastination! You better get those 250 buckets up this year too! They will make you a quart of syrup per tap on good trees in a good year.
Yes several folks called to place orders. The syrup is all gone but have some nice fall goldenrod honey that will make good Christmas gifts:)

Hey, I love that sink too!
Chris

heus
12-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Nate,
Good to hear from you!
Darn tank at the donut factory still ticks me off! That's me, Mr procrastination! You better get those 250 buckets up this year too! They will make you a quart of syrup per tap on good trees in a good year.
Yes several folks called to place orders. The syrup is all gone but have some nice fall goldenrod honey that will make good Christmas gifts:)

Hey, I love that sink too!
Chris

I wish he would sell me that sink!;)

OneLegJohn
12-13-2010, 08:33 PM
It may be yours soon enough. I do love the sight of full buckets, though. Chris's bucket washer does do the trick. You just may have to buy more buckets to get it!

Sugarmaker
12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Jason,
I used that bucket washer/ sink for years in the sugar house and washed 500 or so with it each spring at the end of the season. It was built from the stainless sinks from my dads dairy farm near Conneautville PA. Nate glad to hear it still works as a washer for the buckets. The deep flat bottom sink that Nate traded me is like a pocket in a shirt, very handy!
I just took small orders for some syrup (250 ml glass items) and some honey orders too, for the Christmas rush!
Chris

Haynes Forest Products
12-14-2010, 08:43 PM
My 1st and 4th grade kids came home today saying they need some Syrup for the teachers for Christmas like last year. So I sat and ponderd the request and this is the problem Im down to the last of my stash so should I

1) give them my last 2 bottles

2) get them a Starbucks gift cards like everyone else is doing.

3) Go to the store get some off the shelf and scrape the label off and not say a word

4) Do nothing and let their grades take a hit:lol::lol::lol:

Sugarmaker
12-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Haynes,
We know you will do the right thing! Don't forget that when its presented to the teacher in class all those other kids have parents that may want syrup too! (future customers)! Its all about the marketing.
Which reminds me I have some maple mustard that I need to move too!
Chris

red maples
12-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I wish I could just throw the teachers a little syrup. our "room mom's" are a little crazy this year. they are asking for $5-$20 per kid for a gift for the teacher. I mean really. there 18 kids in the class. if everyone gives $10 that $180 nice x-mas bonus like our taxes aren't high enough as it is.

sorry...had to vent a little.

had 2 more people ask for syrup again yesterday. I do have my stash too but its mine. they'll just have to wait a few months. it will be here soon enough!!!