PDA

View Full Version : Waterbury/Stowe make me jealous

stoweski
12-12-2010, 10:21 AM
So, those of you who reside in Central Northern VT, make me jealous. How much snow is out in your woods?

I'm watching the radar as it's pouring out down here and I'm wishing I was skiing today in the snow that's falling up north. I'm playing the lottery in hopes of moving there soon. If that wish doesn't happen I'll be there after I retire.

Enjoy the snow. Send some my way!
Keith

sugarmountain
12-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Dont be jelous unless you like 70 mph wind! We had about 24" in the woods, now probably a foot. (Lincoln, east side of sugarbush, mad river glen) Its snowing pretty good now and drifting.

Thad Blaisdell
12-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Central vt.... Here in Barre we have about 3 inches... snowing a little now but going to rain later and be 43 degrees....

stoweski
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I was looking at Stowe's online gallery and saw the pict they posted yesterday. Looked nice. Now I'm sure it's just plain ice. I'm sure this rain will be followed by some snow once the lakes start snow!

I know we need some snow soon!!!

danno
12-12-2010, 05:50 PM
We have more snow in central NY. Even with the rain today, still have 2' on the gound and a whole lot more expected this week off the lakes. That said, and snow or no snow, I absolutely love Lincoln and the surrounding area. The mountains are just incredible. Love the views of Mansfield on a clear day 10-20 miles from the east. Now, that is spectacular!

Got just a little taste yesterday on my roundtrip trip to Ludlow.

sugarmountain
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
It is nice up here and i think next to fairfield or some of those areas there is some of the highest population of sugarmakers around. Seems to be anyway. Durring sugaring season on my road or close by you can find nearly twenty sugarhouses going, commercial or smaller opperations. Love it!

vtmaplemaker
12-13-2010, 05:45 AM
It is nice up here and i think next to fairfield or some of those areas there is some of the highest population of sugarmakers around. Seems to be anyway. Durring sugaring season on my road or close by you can find nearly twenty sugarhouses going, commercial or smaller opperations. Love it!

I beleive you will find that there is more syrup made in Fairfield then any other town in the US.

sugarmountain
12-13-2010, 06:11 AM
no kidding, i wander around up that way from time to time and seems like every little knob or corner has a sugarworks on it. Its awesome up there!

red maples
12-13-2010, 07:35 PM
my sister lives about 25min to 1 hour north of stowe(she works at the resort) depending on the time of year. (notch is closed in the winter) She lives in waterville to be exact. I haven't talk to her but It looks like they got dumped on. but gets darn cold up there! she gets mad because burlington always gets the attention of cold it is there, and she's usually much colder.

sugarmountain
12-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Yes, she is right. Burlington seems to be the weather hub when all around especialy to the noth and east allways have extreme snowfalls and temps. They claim lows of teens ,we will get snow and below zero.

stoweski
12-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes, she is right. Burlington seems to be the weather hub when all around especialy to the noth and east allways have extreme snowfalls and temps. They claim lows of teens ,we will get snow and below zero.

That's because the majority of people outside of Vermont can only name 3-5 towns/cities in the state! Hmm, Eden, eh? Where the H_ll is that? :D

Can't wait to move there! Get's me the hell out of New York and into snow country!