PDA

View Full Version : All ready for the big storm.

heus
12-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Supposed to get a big snow storm tonight and tomorrow in the great lakes region. I see Minnesota got hammered yesterday. I finally got my tire chains on my tractor and am ready to plow.

sugarmountain
12-12-2010, 10:11 AM
We are getting pounded with high wind (60-80) and snow in lincoln vt. Elevation 2300 ft. Just cleaned up the 50 or so downed trees in the sugarworks now all over again!

wanting to get into it
12-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Snowing like crazy here and not supposed to let up until Wednesday. Gotta love the lake effect snow machine. My tire chains are on the four wheeler along with the plow. Although probably won't get used for a bit. Its time to get the snowmobiles out. Will be running back roads all night tonight if it keeps up!!! The only thing that gets me excited as sugaring is snowmobiling. :)

christopherh
12-12-2010, 11:18 AM
We're in for a bad one! Half inch of rain this morning and now snowing. I'm glad I finished the sugarhouse last month.

Flat47
12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
3 or so inches of rain forecasted for here along with high winds. That's on top of the 14" of snow from last weekend. Not a good mix. Looks like it's going to be another winter of no frost in the ground and an ice block on top. Blah. Sometimes I dream of moving to the deserts of the southwest and just call up friends to get a shipment of maple goods. Only sometimes, though...

maplemat1
12-12-2010, 08:41 PM
just sitting here on the trader hearing the wind whisle like a fraight train . was thinking of going to the woods to start replacing the dropps tomorrow but will probly just stay in the shop making more dropps

Haynes Forest Products
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Well the snow is building up in drifts as high as the eves. The roads are closed and they pulled all the snow plows:lol::lol::lol: BUT that is at the sap shack in Wisconsin Im sitting in my garage with shorts on with the door open working on a few maple projects. Snow is falling in the mountains and the skiing is great. We havent had a lick of snow at the lower elevations (6450')Dang its good to live in Colorado:)